Q: How SPDA came into being?
Presidential Decree 690 dated April 22, 1975 as amended by Presidential Decree 1703 dated July 24, 1980 gave birth to Southern Philippines Development Authority (SPDA) as a Government-owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC).
Q: What are the mandates of SPDA?
Southern Philippines Development Authority (SPDA) is mandated to promote the development of Mindanao by initiating and undertaking by itself or otherwise development or business projects of corporate and economic in nature whether in agriculture, power, infrastructure, energy, public utilities, land development, manufacturing, exploration and utilization of natural resources and other fields or projects. The Authority is also mandated to make investments in any fields that would enhance the economic development in Mindanao.
Q: What is the scope of operation of SPDA?
SPDA’s coverage is the entire Island of Mindanao ( Regions IX, X, XI, XII, CARAGA and ARMM).
Q: How will SPDA implement the various ambitious projects in Mindanao?
As a catalyst for development in Southern Philippines, SPDA operates along with the following approaches:
- Massive involvement of the people in the development process (participative);
- Joint ventures with the private sector, government agencies, and non-government organizations ( Public-Private Partnerships/PPP);
- Initiate projects that are pioneering in nature;
- Divestment from stable and income-generating projects to the private sector and beneficiaries, and
- Utilization of income and profit for economic growth and development in support to the required social concerns and innovations.
Q: Why invest with the SPDA?
Investment with the Southern Philippines Development Authority (SPDA) is very much secure and easy since it is a government corporation with numerous real estate properties in the various cities and provinces in Mindanao. Investors will have a wide array of business opportunities to choose from, may it be in agriculture, power, infrastructure, energy, public utilities, land development, manufacturing, exploration and utilization of natural resources.